Wednesday 20 August 2014

Day 2

I was placed in the crime and regulatory department for my second day. The morning was spent in court, which was fairly familiar territory for me. In the afternoon I helped with three cases; confirming there was an evidential link between a defendant and co-defendant, legal research on a breach of a restrainining order for what was a 'reasonable excuse' and then prepared questions for the cross examination of two witnesses for a trial the following day.

I really appreciated the time I spent on the cases in the afternoon. Particularly for the guidance I received building questions for cross examination - ask open questions to your client so they tell the story and build on it, closed questions to the appellant/ (prosecution) therefore directing what you want the court to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment