Tuesday 24 April 2012

Joining YOS as an Appropriate Adult.

YOS stands for the Youth Offending System. Acting as an appropriate adult involves acting as a neutral support to under age offenders. Working from a rota, attending police interviews with the offender, providing advice and support.

I wanted to get involved with this as it would provide invaluable experience for my future career in law.

Alongside this I am so excited about the opportunity to help make a difference and offer the support that the young offenders need. It is important to me that I help provide equal opportunities to as many people as possible. Therefore, acting as an appropriate adult alongside my work as an ambassador at university provides me plenty of opportunities to act on this belief.

So, today I had the interview at the county hall in Leicester. I was asked about why I wanted to take part in the scheme and about my previous relevant experience. Alongside running through a CRB check they seemed more than happy to have me on. The interview was very positive and I'm looking forward to starting training in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment