Monday 10 September 2012

Drink with a Judge.

Saturday evening, I met up with a district judge to take advice on how to go forwards in law.

She was really friendly and so willing to help. She had dug up materials for me to read and wanted to know about all of my plans and what I had done so far. Of course, she was more than willing to answer all of my questions.

Two larger points I took away from our conversation was;
1. The job market right now is much more suitable for future solicitors , particularly as the approach 'cradle to grave' comes ever nearer. And of course there is the option of gaining higher rights whilst having the security of working in a firm.
2. Be prepared for abstract interview questions! Think about how your answers can be shaped around law and what the firm/chambers are looking for. Make sure you practice!

I found the meeting really helpful and now have a great contact to guide me. Just goes to show so many are willing to help, no matter what the level!

No comments:

Post a Comment